St. Marks Church Facility Policy
The Facilities of St. Marks Church is a valuable asset, to be used for furthering God’s Kingdom as we offer the Love of God to one another, our community and to the world. Use of St. Marks Church is routinely scheduled to meet the needs of the various organized ministries of the church as well as the needs of our community.
General Guidelines and Requirements:
1. For purposes of this policy, any reference to facilities includes reference to any property of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church (SMC) including furniture and equipment.
2. Every group or organization is required to abide by all church guidelines, requirements and other restrictions regarding usage of the church facilities.
3. Users of the church facilities agree to use utmost care in the use of church facilities and agree to leave the facilities in good, clean condition.
4. All requests for usage of the church facilities are subject to approval by the appropriate leadership body of SMC.
5. Each outside group or organization is required to complete and deliver to the church office a signed Facilities Use Agreement, and certificate of insurance as required by the agreement.
6. The church reserves the right to schedule other activities and events in other parts of the church facilities.
Each outside group or organization must furnish to SMC proof of general liability insurance coverage.
General User Responsibility:
Additional Requirements and Restrictions:
1. Those using SMC facilities agree to release, protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless SMC and its trustees, officers, employees, members and other representatives from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, actions, costs and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and other legal costs) directly or indirectly arising out of their use of any SMUMC facilities.
2. In the event of damage to the church facilities, those using any church facility shall accept the amount of repair and replacement costs as estimated, or otherwise determined, by the church Board of Trustees or their designee, and shall pay the church for such repair and replacement costs upon demand.
3. For children and youth events, the applicable group or organization must provide adequate adult supervision for all usage.
4. The transfer or passing on by any group or organization of permission to use church facilities to any other persons or organizations is strictly prohibited.
5. Those using church facilities must confine themselves to the areas provided for in their Facilities Use Agreement.
6. Users may not take tables and/or chairs, and/or other items, from other rooms of the church facilities without prior notification.
7. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited within the church facilities.
8. Any key(s) to SMC is to be used solely by those covered by the Facilities Use Agreement.
9. No group or organization (whether or not a church member is affiliated with such organization) shall use any church facilities in any manner or for any purpose that is in conflict with or contradicts the United Methodist Book of Discipline or mission of SMUMC.
Building Usage Fee will be assessed according to the requested usage.
Janitorial Service (as needed) $75
Make checks payable to St. Marks Church
All fees are due in advance of using the facilities.